Sunday, June 03, 2007

VSS pics

As promised: me wearing glow-sticks in my hair, looking like an alien! The full glory is not clear in the picture because the top is not visible and the glow does show up, but you get the idea... I am shown here with the lovely Jen (photo by Jenna).

The antennae were so long that I almost put out people's eyes if I bent down (good for posture?). There was one other person with sort of antennae (little short stick stuck in a headband arrangement). Vickie started talking loudly about how we were the same species and would have to breed and he hastily left... should I be insulted?

I should point out that this photo was taken at Club Vision, the disco which is part of the official VSS program... They hand out free glow sticks. So I DO look more freakish that most of the people there, but not as much as if I had brought my own glow-sticks!

What does VSS stand for? Ben says Very Sexy Scientists... there are SOME of those at the meeting, but it really stands for Vision Sciences Society.

(For those confused by all the names: Jen & Jenna both study faces at McMaster; Vickie hates faces and is about to finish her PhD in infant motion perception, also at McMaster.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home