Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Escape from Canada

So while Rachel is away overseas, I'm getting down to the serious business of packing up all our stuff.

Well actually not quite yet. See in all the hoo-hah of finishing up with work and farewells and generally running around like a headless chicken, it has taken me til now to find enough quiet time to finish the mastering of my new CD (see other posts below). Just this weekend, I finally pulled my finger out and got to work, and it didn't take me that long after all thank heavens! There were a few hiccups (eg discovering that an all important serial number for a software program is actually on a piece of paper in a folder buried in a box somewhere on the other side of the world and that I can't use the _save_ feature without unlocking the program) and I had to "compromise" (read: find a way that wasn't what I originally imagined but was really quite good all the same - bloody hard for an artist), but the result is awesome. I would just like to say that I love Soundforge! Now just a matter of polishing off the sleeve notes - have the pictures just need to write the words (the "easy" part, as though any part of an artistic creation is easy :-P )

I'll be printing copies of the CD once I get back to Aus (yes another couple of months, but next to getting my music rig and software working on a new computer with Windows Vista it is a Cakewalk - no pun intended).

And now I can pack up my music gear with impunity!

Yay! And a sandwich! A sandwich made of yay!

BTW, Rae is in Syd today and she says it smells like eucalypts! I can't wait to go home! Here it smells like car fumes...

--

This post was brought to you by Entrippy Recording Studios, Dundas, Ontario (temporary location).

1 Comments:

At December 10, 2007 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Triple Yay with cheese!
Go Mr Bee!
Miss you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home