Sunday, October 14, 2007

7 Years in the Making

Hey there

I've got some exciting news! I've finally at long last completed the final song for my second album of electronic music. Given that I wrote the first song approximately 7 years ago, it has been a long time coming.

The new CD is called "Escape" and I'll be "releasing" it under the pseudonym "DJ Entrippy" as with my previous release "Scale" (2000). By releasing, I mean I'll be making a few dozen copies and distributing to friends and contacts, and maybe the odd music store or radio depending on opportunities.

I'm very excited to tell you a little about the album. Here are a few fun facts:

- the track I just finished appears first on the album, while the track I wrote first, seven years ago, appears last
- I've been playing around with a mixing program to make the tracks fade into one another to produce a smooth result
- the title track "Escape" is in two parts, and I have perfomed it live (when I was in Canberra)
- the work of my lovely wife Rachel appears on the album (courtesy of herself)
- the tracks use one of three different synths, from Roland, Yamaha and Propellorhead with different sounds
- there is a hidden track

I'm working on the album artwork, and on final mastering now. I'll be posting some of the artwork here when it's ready. With a little luck, I can finish this baby off before I have to pack up all my gear and ship it back to Australia - that will take a minor miracle, but I'm determined to do it!

More soon, so stay tuned!
B

3 Comments:

At October 18, 2007 8:49 AM, Blogger lumpkin said...

I don't think I knew that my work was appearing on the album, but it's only fair given that he let me use some of this tracks as backing to some of my spoken word stuff!
Yay team lump. :P

 
At October 18, 2007 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually I did ask you about it. more than once. but it's so long ago you probably forgot...

 
At October 30, 2007 2:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome news. I'm so looking forward to seeing you back in Oz and to sharing some of my collection of itunes (supplied by my Swedish friend) which I think you'll be into (both)...and an idea that you might be interested in too for a toon releash....
xx. brij

 

Post a Comment

<< Home